Front Desk Receptionist
Excellent people and communication skills are essential for this role. Because a family’s first interaction with easyvet is likely to be with you, our applicant should be friendly, confident and passionate about pet wellness.
- At least 1 year experience
- Excellent client communication skills and the ability to calmly navigate stressful situations
- Be organized and have an attention for detail
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of animal behavior and animal health care – including age-appropriate vaccination schedules, common ailments in our companion animals, zoonotic diseases, antibiotics, analgesics and preventative medications.
- Can multitask, prioritize and manage several different family’s’ needs simultaneously
- Takes initiative and has problem-solving abilities
- Greeting families, answering phones, scheduling appointments, processing payments and assisting families throughout the day with various needs and requests
- Assist with follow up calls and manage email account
- Maintain a clean and presentable lobby space, as well as assist with cleaning exam rooms if needed
- Willing to be cross-trained to assist veterinarian and technician – assist in holding/restraint of pets for exams and venipuncture, assist with running lab equipment and/or submitting lab samples, ect.
Front Desk Leader
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all tasks assigned to the FDL
- Offer decisions for the client and clinic needs when a timely answer is necessary
- Ensure compliance for daily, weekly, and monthly to-do lists for receptionists
- Maintain the office equipment, computers, printers, and files
- Inform management of any repair needs in the reception/lobby area
- Have good money-handling skills
- Ensure proper housekeeping for the reception/exam area
- Refrain from speaking negatively or gesturing. These attitudes reflect poorly on the clinic
Front Leader Duties
- Turn on lights and place A-frame sign on the sidewalk
- Check all voicemails and return calls
- Check all emails and reply and call all depending on the situation
- Ensure that the clinic is ready for clients
- Call all appointments scheduled for the following day to confirm, leave messages as needed
- Ensure rhapsody schedules are set up correctly for the next week
Phone Handling and Scheduling
- Primary person to answer the phone - with the goal of getting as many people into the clinic as possible
- When answering the phone, determine whether the caller has been to easyvet before. If this is their first time, always inform them about easyvet. This must be done 100% of the time
- “Well, let me tell you a little about easyvet. We are based on the concept of convenience and affordability. Convenience means that you can walk in at any time. You can go to our website to check into the waitlist or go to our website or call us to call us to schedule an appointment. Affordability means since we don't do surgery or X-rays, we pass all those savings on to our clients. When we set up our pricing, we called around to all the competition in the area to make sure that our pricing is more affordable than everyone in the area.
- Let all clients know they can check-in online, schedule an appointment online, schedule an appointment over the phone, or check the wait time online and walk in
Hours and Scheduling
- Ensure rhapsody schedule is always set to the proper hours to allow online booking
- Ensure Yext is always set to the proper hours
- Ensure GMB, website, mobile web, corp. site hours are all set
Check-in and Kiosk Operations
- Ensure clients check-in at the kiosk.
- Customize rhapsody settings to best support a fast flow of clients
- Manage the check-in experience from the client side
- Manage settings for wait control in the appointment bookers / online check-in on the website, GMB, Facebook, Yelp, etc.
- Create posts on social media to drive more appointments
- Come up with event ideas to help drive more appointments
- Identify additional pets at check-in and check to add reminder protocols in rhapsody
- Create offers / promotions to send out via AllyDVM, social media, or other channels
- Work with the easyvet support staff on website updates, edits, etc.
Vet Technician Assistant
Certification and/or licensure is not required, however, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
General skill set
- Verbal and written communication
- Experienced medical skills
- Great with clients over the phone and selling of the brand
- Prioritization and organization of daily responsibilities
- Ability to maintain personal composure in challenging situations
- Technical savvy, familiarity with data entry in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Motivation to positively contribute to the work environment
- Punctuality and reliability
- Commitment to uphold ethical standards
- Personal accountability
- Low-stress restraint and handling of cats and dogs
- Familiarity with vaccination schedules, as age appropriate
- Knowledge of common illnesses among companion animals
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations
- General knowledge of zoonotic diseases
- Sample collection, preparation, and identification of common parasites via fecal flotation
- Venipuncture technique, sample handling, and preparation of whole blood for analysis
- Sample collection for urinalysis, preparation for microscopic evaluation / USG
- Familiarity with antibiotics, analgesics, and preventive medications
At least 1 year experience as a Vet Technician with a basic understanding of animal health care, including age appropriate vaccination schedules, common ailments, and preventive medications. Proficient in venipuncture techniques, sample handling, multitasking, and prioritizing patient and client needs. Our team needs people who show attention to detail, excellent communication skills, can take initiative, solve problems, and have a great attitude.
We expect you to assist the veterinarian with all tasks, administer medications, perform clinical laboratory procedures, cleaning, and front desk duties. Your team will consist of a Veterinarian and two additional veterinary technicians and administrative support. Our team is filled with positive, supportive, hard working fun people who love pets.